Matmi (located 20 minutes outside of Manchester, UK) are looking for a back-end web developer. Interested? Read on…
Back-end web developer job requirements:
Good PHP, .NET are the core elements in this role, with knowledge of MYSQL /SQL Server working on websites and branded game releases for clients including EMI Music, Vimto Soft Drinks, Mars, Comic Relief and Cancer Research.
If you can also bring C, Objective C and/or C# into the mix, that would be great. If not and you’re prepared to learn them en route, that suits us just fine too. The nature of our work means that skills with Facebook and other social network APIs are always needed – but we’d expect to train people up in-house for that (not least because they keep changing so fast…).
If you’re familiar with Scrum/Sprint or other agile methodologies – great – but it’s not an essential skill. You will be trained in-house.
Finally – where d’you want to be in 10 years time?! We’re planning to be in the same place: well ahead of the pack with cutting edge techniques and show-stopping results for clients. That means we all live and breathe what we do, and work best in a fast paced, team focussed environment.
What’s it like working at Matmi?
Fast, sometimes frenetic and always fun.
Take a look at our website at www.matmi.com, find us on Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook too – and you’ll quickly get an idea of what we’re about. Coverage on The Drum and How Do could be useful background too.
A typical Matmian is….. there’s no such thing. We do have some common traits though.
- Work is a passion and a pleasure (which means it’s not much like work).
- Matmians are an open-minded bunch who thrive in places that other digital marketing agencies don’t even know exist.
- We’re curious, questioning and quite intelligent on all matters of digital marketing, gaming, platforms, apps and code.
- We’re geeks with business brains.
- If someone says “It’s never been done before”, we’re not usually far away.
What are we offering?
- Salary range up to £25K per annum, depending on skills and experience.
- 24 days holiday per year, plus Bank Holidays.
- Stakeholder pension scheme.
- In-house learning environment in whatever business related subject you’d like to develop your skills in!
Have you got what it takes to be a Matmian? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01625 575661 and let’s talk. Soon. We’d like to see some of your work too, so if you have an online portfolio, please include a link when you contact us.